How do I know what to answer in the DS-160 form about being ten-printed?

Franklin, TN |

I'm trying to apply for a tourist Visa from my home country.

I'm not sure if it is asking if I've been 10 printed in the US or in my home country?

I'm sure I have been 10 printed in my Home country, but don't remember if I have in the US

Please excuse my directness ... But, it is difficult to believe that you don't remember having been fingerprinted by an official in the US, or at a US Consulate.

It is a 'memorable' experience.

Say no and they'll print you again.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

LOL, directness excused ;) -- no seriously, I don't remember. But I suppose if I have been in the US they have fingerprinted me although I must point out it was before 9/11. I was a kid at the time.

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

If you didn't get a greencard when you were in the US, as a kid, then you probably weren't fingerprinted.

You are required to answer all questions truthfully. If you were fingerprinted in the US then you must disclose that information. Failure to incorrectly provide information on visa application may lead to ban from entering the US. Did you ever got fingerprinted at the US consulate or in the US? If yes, then your response must be yes, if not then no.