How do I know that my RFE has been received by USCIS.Do they show something on USCIS site,if yes than how much time does it take

Asked almost 2 years ago - Atlanta, GA

Please advise

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

3

Answered . In general, the USCIS website will indicate receipt of your response. However, that site is not 100% accurate. The best practice is to submit any documentation using either a courier or registered mail. In doing so you will have proof of delivery. If you do not have proof of delivery and you are still within the period of time that USCIS gave you to respond you may consider resubmitting using either a courier or registered mail.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . Yes. You can check the status and it will state whether the response to an RFE is being considered.

I always send documents to a government agency by certified mail with a signature required - at a a minimum by a method that can be traced. This way we are always able to confirm receipt. You should also make copies of everything you send to them.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . The best way is by sending in through FedEx or some other carrier that allows you to track it.