How do i know if the crime subjects me to deportion?

Asked over 4 years ago - Ellensburg, WA

all my paper from the court doesnt talk about deportion and the judge told me to go back on 2010 to file to clean my record

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Shannon M Underwood

    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . Certain crimes can make an individual inadmissible or deportable from the United States. Judges in criminal courtrooms often do not know the impact a conviction may have on the immigration status of an individual. I highly recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney, who has experience with criminal issues, to determine 1) what impact your criminal history may have on your immigration status and 2) if there are any steps that need to be taken to change your criminal history to make it safer for your immigration status.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,299 answers this week

2,800 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary