How do I know if my divorce is final?

Asked 10 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

Went through divorce process ourselves, no disputes of any kind. I received a FL-825 back with the dates Aug 30 2013 stamped all over and it states a judgment of dissolution of marriage was entered on Aug 30 2013, but other verbiage conflicts with the idea my divorce is final. Upon looking the case up it says the status is pending. I just want to know if I am divorced yet, what this actually means, and if not what is eta?

Additional Info:

08/30/2013 Judgment-Package Rcv'd-Summ. Judg.

08/29/2013 Petition-Amended (1st)
Filed by Petitioner

11/21/2012 Declaration-Income & Expense
Filed by Petitioner

11/21/2012 Petition
Filed by Petitioner

11/21/2012 Judgment-Package Rcv'd-Summ. Judg.

I do not live in California and it is impossible to get anyone on the phone. What does a FL-825 mean? Was it just a request that was entered or does it mean judgement has been made and I am divorced?

1. Andrew J Cook

2

Best Answer

Answered . An FL-825 is notice of a judgement, which is the form you get to show you were no longer married. Make sure it's filled out, stamped, etc. To be totally sure, stop by the local self help center and ask them.

2. Gregory Paul Benton

3

Answered . A summary dissolution judgment was submitted to the court on behalf of the Petitioner. If the judgment was done correctly, then the court will sign it and terminate your marriage.

3. George Baker Richardson

1

Answered . It's hard to answer your question based on what you said. You could to the court's family law facilitator and get some help. Check the LA Superior Court website for self help information.