How do i kick my roommate out. He is messy and does not pay rent on time. I am the homeowner and there is no lease.

Asked about 1 year ago - Baldwin, NY

He does not pay rent. He is a slob. I gave him notice through a text message and there is no lease or papertrail, receipts etc. He does have mail delivered here and has been here for over 6 months

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . That is not proper notice. I suggest you hire a real estate lawyer if you want it done right without having to keep starting over as you now have to do.

2. Jeffrey R. Neuman

4

Answered . Start with the basics, asking him to leave. If he refuses, then consult a landlord tenant attorney for procedure on his removal. You must do thing properly to avoid a lengthy holdover.

3. Peter J Weinman

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Rothstein. I read his answer and your comments back & forth. Unfortunately, your roommate has rights and unless you bring a proper eviction, you will never get him out. Sit with a local attorney and spend the few bucks you will need to do this right. The longer you wait and the more you dilly-dally will just prolong your agony.