How do I have a lien removed from a bank account. Debt is paid

Asked about 4 years ago - Arlington Heights, IL

our bank accounts were frozen last thursday. I called the law office that was representing Discover Card. They said the only way to unfreeze the accounts was to pay the debt or wait for the court date. I was able to get a cashiers check to them Friday morning. I called Friday afternoon, the check had not moved. I called Monday, they said it could take up to 10 days to unfreeze the account. What recourse do I have? The debt is satisfied. I have bills to pay and we have no access to any money.
Thanks for any help.

I did take the info to the bank and I did ask the lawyer to fax a letter to the bank. The bank would not accept my proof of payment and the lawyer for discover did not fax the letter until I called 3 times. They then said the bank would not accept a letter, it had to be a motion to dismiss signed by a judge. I'm asking if I have any recourse. Can they take their time and notify the bank whenever they get around to it, because that's what's happening.

1. Sandra Margaret Emerson

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . Also, have you asked the attorney for Discover to write a letter to the bank? After receiving a cashier's check from a debtor, I fax a letter to the bank directing the bank to release the account.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Take the proof of payment of the judgment directly to the bank to see if they will act on your behalf.