Skip to main content

How do I handle a felony arrest warrant without going to jail.

Ruskin, FL |

I have two felony charges possession of cocaine, and selling and delivery within 1000 feet of a park, and I didn't make my court case. On top of that I just got hired on a job...

Attorney Answers 4

  1. You can hire a lawyer to try and withdraw warrant and enter an appearance for you. Depends on judge and what jurisdiction you are in. Some judges will grant that motion and others will not. It could be an uphill battle!

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. We would be more than happy to set up a free consultation if you call us at 407-228-3838 and specifically mention AVVO or email me at and put AVVO in the subject line.

  2. I agree with my colleagues that you need an attorney. Missing your court date is the least of your troubles, it just adds to your problems. Get a lawyer and sort this out.

    I have been licensed to practice in the State of Oregon since 1990. I am not offering legal advice regarding your question, only general information regarding the law. You are not my client nor am I your attorney unless we sign a retainer agreement.

  3. Usually sales cases are direct filed. That means you weren't arrested but the prosecutors had enough evidence to charge you and then issue a warrant for your arrest. It is best to get an attorney first. You should also call a bondsman to find out how much the bond is, and they can do a "walkthrough" for you at the jail. That way you are in and out in a couple hours. Hillsborough county is pretty good at allowing this. In the meantime, your attorney can file the proper notices in order to let the court know that you are serious and have representation. These charges usually incur prison time so don't mess around. Feel free to call me as I practice in Hillsborough county.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics