Skip to main content

How do I go back to India without a passport?

Cincinnati, OH |

Dear sir/madam , I entered USA in febraury 2004 from India on a friends passport who had a valid USA visa . Now after more than 8 years staying in USA illegally , I want to go back home . I do have a original Indian passport with my name on it but it is simply blank with no visas ( brand new even after 8 years) my passport is still valid for another 2 years . So my question is can I travel on my passport which have no visa or proof of entry ? Or Do I look for something called as limited passport? Or do I get myself deported? Note: I do not plan on coming back to USA ,so even if I get a 10 year ban that should be no problem but I wht to know what is the best way to leave without much complications.
Thanks for all the answers in advance .
Indian guy)))

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Most consulates will not renew you passport unless you can show that you are in the United States legally. However, I suggest you contact the Indian Consulate in the united States and ask regarding their requirements for obtaining a new passport.

  2. It is best to contact the indian consulate. I know from experience , they do not extend passports with valid US status, but you should tell them you intend to leave

    Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics