How do I go about suing them

Asked over 1 year ago - Aurora, CO

I moved out of The Fairways at Lowry last month after about 2 years. I went through a lot of bad things that you might not be aware of. Misty, Jenniffer and Dominic all work there and they know. I just wanted to give you a chance to hear me out before I decide to file a lawsuit with Hud representing me. I am disabled and 59 years old. I found paper work on The Fair Housing Act and Disability Act that tells me that I was discriminated against.I moved in 100 Dayton St #C-209(even though it says #C-309). I had no shower for 17 months, and I got burned 3 times and fell trying to get out of the tub twice. I have a left hip and thigh disability. I also have OCD, PTSD, GAD and depression. When we had the fire in the bldg. next to mine(and several people told me a meth lab exploded and blew the front door off), Bldg. C also had to evacuate. I have a service dog(with paperwork from my Dr.) anyway we had to live in a hotel for a week ad I am also on oxygen therapy. I couldn't move my machine and we had 20 minutes to get out because the asbestos blew over to our bldg. So I hd no oxygen for a week. Then a few months later I was bit by a pitbull in the courtyard, and pitbulls are all over the place. It is a law in Aurora that you have to have $10,000 in Insurance and a 6' high fence when you have a pitbull. They finally moved me to Apt.#B-112 and the bedroom window was broken, dishwasher was broken,the blinds in the living room were broken,and my silverware drawer fell out(it took 2 months to get the drawer fixed). I was either calling or going to the office at least every other day to no avail. Cockroaches were everywhere. I paid for pest control every month but couldn't use it because of my oxygen machine. On the first apt. I did a check in list and when I moved they applied my $500.00 deposit to the second apt., they(or I should say my family) moved me again. I tried to get them to do a check-in list but was told they couldn't find he form or they were too busy to do it. I lived there for about 4 months and they took $403.00 out to paint the entire apt. and $80.00 in cleaning and on and on. They sent me a check for about $93.00 and my sister in law, my friend and I cleaned that place spotless. It looked better when I moved out than when I moved in(and I got everything fixed that was broken). When I moved out last month there were 5 new pitbulls in my building. I had had enough. I just wanted to let you know what I went through and why I will sue for punitive and pain and suffering and my deposit back if this can't be resolved. I will also join the class action about the asbestos if I don't hear from you. Thank You, Terri Robinson

1. Donald Corky Eby

Pro

5

Answered . You very well may have a case. But you really should move this to a in person consultation if you are ready to move forward with a lawsuit.
    Most attorney's on AVVO will give you a free initial consult to discuss the facts of your case and to discuss how to move forward and what the costs will be.