How do i go about revoking sponsorship for my wife, she abandoned me and i am disabled,she used me to get an american visa.

Bethlehem, PA |

s

1. If you have a petition pending on behalf of your wife, you can withdraw the petition sponsoring your wife for an immigrant visa. If your wife was already granted an immigrant visa, you can communicate with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to report the allegation that your wife married you solely to obtain an immigration benefit. The decision to revoke the immigrant petition/sponsorship remains with the government.

Lisa Tehlirian, Immigration Attorney Email: lisa.tehlirian@ellisporter.com Visit our website: www.ellisporter.com

2. I agree with my colleague.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Depends on what you mean by "sponsorship" and what stage of the process she is in. If she has received the green card, your only option is a divorce.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Marriage and prenups topics