How do I go about preparing for a small claims case involving property damage?

Asked over 5 years ago - North Little Rock, AR

This guy pulled out in front of me in North Little Rock, Arkansas and was cited for Careless/Prohibited driving. My car was towed from the scene and a few days later I was told it was totaled. Now I need to get this guy to pay for the damages his insurance company isn't making him pay for. How do I submit my case and get the settlement I am seeking?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Terrence James Cortelli

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . I am a PI lawyer only licesned in NY but I cant imagine the rules being that different. I would bring in all my paper work, reapir bills, photos and any paperwork from insurnace company. A good idea would be to bring mechanic that fixed car. Also bring in a publication that will tell the judge how much your car was worth at time of accident. Maybe even bring in photos of the accident scene or a draw a diagram of the accident loaction. Be honest, get there early and BE PREPARED. Good luck!

Related Topics

Damages for personal injuries

Damages in personal injury cases generally compensate victims for their losses, but some damages are also meant to punish the injurer.

William J. Driscoll

Wrongful Death 101 (Kentucky)

Statute of Limitations: Wrongful death cases must be filed within 2 years of the date of death, but no later than one year from the appointment of the executor or administrator in probate... more

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,890 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,890 answers this week

3,653 attorneys answering