How do I go about obtaining current & past employee records for verifying income for a child support case on my own, no atty?

Asked about 1 year ago - Murfreesboro, TN

My cs case began in 2003, the father has never been involved & for nearly the entire time I've had no contact with him, other than when I take him to Court for arrears. Also, he moves/changes #'s a lot & never updates w/Child Support Office. For the past 10 yrs, and only 2, maybe 3 different jobs, he somehow seems to have never had ANY pay increase(s). He has NEVER shown ANY proof of income nor tax returns despite the Courts request at a hearing for arrears! The Courts did nothing when he said he couldn't find anything to bring & did not even bother raising his income to the standard avg (he claims he has/is making exactly $400/wk). But, I've heard thru friends he makes WAY more. I can't afford an atty & the state or Courts are not acting in my child's best interest. What can I do?

1. Rachel Leigh Lambert

Answered . You can file a Notice of Appearance Pro Se and issue subpoenas to obtain the records and have the records provided directly to the court so they will be in the file the next time you go to court.