How do I go about obtaining a right of way or easement?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lexington, NC

I am interested in purchasing some property and I have investigated the deed and found no right of way or easement to the property. There is a established right of way that borders the property I wish to purchase and it is a private street that is on maps, but nothing in the deed details me to have access to it.

1. 1

Answered . The best way is to acquire an easement across the property you need to get to the street. It may be possible that you can acquire an easement by necessity. It will take a lawsuit. You should contact a local attorney.

2. Answered . You will need to bring a lawsuit so retain a lawyer.