How do I go about obtaining a lawyer for plagiarism accusation?

Asked about 5 years ago - Newburgh, NY

I am a 2nd year grad student and was accused of plagiarism by an instructor. Paper was submitted to a service they use, Ternitin. They determined paper was plagiarized. Met with appeals committee, but did not win argument. Received undergrad from same school and have grad degree from a different university. Improper APA I'll admit, but did not palgiarize. Need help to clear name. Thanks, PL

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Alan James Brinkmeier

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer.

    You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You."

    You might read my Legal Guide "Can An Attorney Really Help?"

    You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

    Online we cannot know what the other details are going on in your case because online we cannot find out those details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

    Good luck to you.

    You might find my Legal Guide helpful "Ethics: Yes I Need a Lawyer!"

    God bless.

    NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,453 answers this week

3,018 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,453 answers this week

3,018 attorneys answering