How do I go about modifying my alimony payment?

Divorced in Maryland in 1993. Monthly alimony payment 1400/month. Now unemployed and on social security income. Living now in Mississippi. Ex will receive 1/2 of my company retirement when Quadro clears (500/month). Cannot afford lawyer's fees.

Brandon, MS -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (1)

Anders Ferrington

Anders Ferrington

Family Law Attorney - Jackson, MS

If you were divorced in Maryland, that is where the agreement needs to be modified. Ask in the Maryland forum

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice,... more

Related Topics


Alimony is the regular monetary allowance one ex-spouse may be required to pay the other after a divorce.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.