How do I go about handling this matter and is this a case that would work in my favor as a Medical Malpractice.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Alexandria, VA

After staying in hospital overnight and having all sorts of testing being done accept one. The Dr. had given me a wrong diagnoses. The following day after taking the prescribed medication, I had no relief. I had no choice but to go back the second time to be treated for the same symptoms the next day early morning. This time I had a different Dr. who only took one test and was able to find the problem. This Dr. had also informed me that I was correct that the previous Dr. was wrong in his diagnoses. In all my paperwork from the hospital, it clearly shows that the Dr. was in the wrong. I need to know if this is some sort of medical malpractice due to the high ammount the bill is going to be. This diagnoses requiers me to have an operation.

1. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . I suggest that you review one of the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com which deals with medical malpractice and what it is. It does not sound like you have an economically viable medical malpractice claim. However, you certainly could consult with a local personal injury attorney to see if they have a contrary opinion.

Legal Disclaimer:

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.