Skip to main content

How do I go about getting temporary custody of my grandchildren

Portland, OR |

How do I go about getting temporary custody of my grandchildren so I can get them medical , dental and financial help?

We are worried about our grandaughter, her mother lives with 2 felons, (her brother and his wifes mom). the baby's mom has no job, no car and no money. She is always having other people watch the baby at weeks at a time. We would get her for 1-2 weeks and then with other people the rest of the time. Her mother spends no time with her. We want custody or Guardianship. We can give the baby everything she on. What can we do? Help our little angel and us. Donna Walker

Attorney Answers 1



Grandparents can get custody of grandchildren through family law proceedings (if a divorce is pending between the parents) or through guardianship proceedings. You will need a family law attorney to proceed with either of these avenues. I have included the link to the Oregon State Bar for a referral, and if you are low income please let them know.


Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics