Skip to main content

How do I go about getting my part of my ex-husbands retirement.

Suitland, MD |

In my divorce settlement it was stated that I am entitled to half of his retirement.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You have to ask the court to issue a special order, for example, 401k Pension Plans are divided by a Qualified Domestic Relations Order ("QDRO").

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer