How do I go about getting my deceased husbands medical records

Crescent, PA |

How do I go about getting my deceased husbands medical records - he did not have a will - I am the beneficiary and wife of 30 years.

I don't know the Pennsylvania-specific rules, but there should be statutory authority that provides the scope of what records you, as the surviving spouse, can obtain, along with the costs associated with obtaining them. I am assuming that these records may contain some information that you feel may be important, but be prepared to have to incur some costs and delays. If there will be a probate proceeding, and you have an attorney, s/he will likely be able to assist. In any event, you also should familiarize yourself with the HIPPA privacy rules and Pennsylvania's state counterparts to those rules. There is a lot of information posted about the HIPPA rules by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, which promulgated the regulations for HIPPA

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business