Skip to main content

How do i go about getting custody from my daughters mother in the state of FL.

Inverness, FL |

my ex does drugs and has failed 2 drug tests by the state, an arrest for shop lifting and a report of a cig burn on my daughters (age 2) shoulder (i have pic). I'm engaged and have a 4 month old daughter and have been a lil behind on child support since her birth(4 month ago) and my ex hardly lets me see my 2 year old because of it and on top of it i travel 2 1/2 hours to spend time with her and some times make the trip and never see her. and to top it off i have a text of her letting me know she has no desire to get a job. i feel i have her from all angles as far as whats in the best growing an safest environment for my daughter except im loosing my license and unable to afford my 4 month old, support and travel money to see her, and i could afford it if i had custody

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You have numerous issues here. You are going to need to get an attorney. They are all issues that can be addressed, and you have much in your favor, but I don't think you will be able to do it by yourself.

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

  2. You have too much to address in an Internet post. If you have these things I would certainly contact the Florida Department of Children and Families abuse hotline. However, back in family court, it sounds as though you have enough to modify the parenting plan, or at least request it, and be able to survive a motion to dismiss.

    I would definitely seek assistance from a Family attorney in Citrus or Hernando counties.

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics