How do i go about getting child support to take my exs taxes for past due child support?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

My son's father is past due almost $8,000.00 he is making his regular payments of $143.00 bi-weekly. Child support services just sent a income with holding letter to his job for them to with hold a extra $29.00 bi-weekly for his arrearage. How can i go about them taking his taxes for his past due arrearage?

1. David Matthew Gotzh

Pro

4

Answered . Only HFS can intercept. Otherwise you have to timely file (ie, just before tax season starts) for turnover of his refund vis a vis a rule to show cause.

2. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

1

Answered . You will not be able to do that. Call the folks you are working with at Child Support Services. They should be able to help you.

3. Elizabeth A. Demonte

Answered . Once the tax refund hits his bank account, the only way is to garnish his bank account pursuant to the child support judgment. The State's Attorney can also intercept tax returns. You should speak to an attorney about ways to collect the arrearage. Please feel free to call my assistant Dan London at 312-807-3990 to set up a private telephone consultation with me. The consultation is entirely confidential and we can formulate a strategy on your case. These details should not be discussed over the Internet.