How do I go about finding a lawyer that has worked in the Chelsea, MA District court and is familiar with their judges?

Asked almost 2 years ago - South Hamilton, MA

I am petitioning to end my probation early and I want to find a lawyer that has worked in the Chelsea court system before and is knowledgeable about the best judge to go in front of.

1. Steven John Topazio

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Finding the right lawyer to represent you is critical. I consider myself a Boston Criminal Defense Lawyer but I appear in the Chelsea District Court on a regular basis. To find a lawyer who is familiar with Chelsea District Court and the court personnel there, you can start by searching the internet and then calling and interviewing lawyers that might appeal to you. If you visit my web page at www.topaziolaw.com you can review my “Recent Cases” section and see the results that I obtained in the Chelsea District Court. I have been before all the judges that sit in the Chelsea District Court on one time or another, and I am familiar with them all. If after reviewing my credentials you would like to speak with me directly, please send me an email or call my office at 617-422-5803.

Attorney Steven J. Topazio
    10 Winthrop Square, Suite 4100
    Boston, MA 02110
    617-422-5803
    Email: stopazio@topaziolaw.com
    Web: www.topaziolaw.com
    www.1bostoncriminallawyer.com

2. John Brooks Seed

Answered . Attorney Topazio is correct. You want someone who has spent a lot of time in Chelsea District Court and has built a rapport with the judges and staff there. You are right in that it would be helpful to know which judge to go in front of in an attempt to get your probation terminated early. Of equal, if not more, importance is knowing who your probation officer is. If you and your attorney can convice the p.o. to terminate early, then the judge is more likely to take the joint recommendation. Having served as an Assistant District Attorney in Chelsea in 2008 and 2009, I am very familiar with both the judges and the probation officers there. I hope this information is helpful.
    Best of luck.

John Seed
    857-251-5482