Skip to main content

How do I go about filing a contempt of court?

Bear, DE |

In Feb 2012 child support was awarded to me, with him owing arrears up to this date. At that time custody was joint with me being residentail parent. My ex husband and I have entered into an interim shared custody order for 6 months in June 2012. He has since filed for a decrease in child support eventhough the order has not been officially signed. Do I have a right to answer this Decrease in Child support petition? Can I file a Contempt of Court?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Yes you do and you ought to. I'm licensed in California although my suggestion would be to hire a lawyer licensed in your state to advise you as to how to proceed with a contempt. Those are not cases that you can handle without the advice of a skilled lawyer.

Mary Katherine Brown

Mary Katherine Brown


The attorneys from your same state are the best source of guidance and up-to-date information. Good luck!

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer