How do i go about changing probation officers and have my probation switched from california to colorado

Asked about 1 month ago - Bakersfield, CA

me and my girlfriend want to move to colorado i got a job starting at 24.00 an hour in colorado starting june 15 2014 i live in bakersfield california a my probation officer said that she was going to deniy my request because me and my girlfriend are not married she told me to get a job at mcdonald

1. Brian K Wanerman

2

Answered . Depending on what the terms of your probation are, your probation officer may very well be entitled to say this. You need a lawyer to help you on this,

2. Reve Gerardo Bautista

2

Answered . It depends upon the terms of your probation. You should contact your attorney that assisted you with your case/probation. Request your attorney's assistance in requesting to have your probation moved from Bakersfield to Colorado. You will need the court's permission to have your probation moved. In the alternative, you can hire an experienced attorney to assist you in requesting permission from the court to have your probation transferred. A denial based upon the requirement of you marrying your girlfriend does not sound right. Hire an experienced attorney to assist you.

3. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . I agree with both attorneys the only person that can overrule your po is the judge. You need to address the court for permission.