How do i go about changing probation officers and have my probation switched from california to colorado

Bakersfield, CA |

me and my girlfriend want to move to colorado i got a job starting at 24.00 an hour in colorado starting june 15 2014 i live in bakersfield california a my probation officer said that she was going to deniy my request because me and my girlfriend are not married she told me to get a job at mcdonald

Depending on what the terms of your probation are, your probation officer may very well be entitled to say this. You need a lawyer to help you on this,

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal questions can only be fully answered through consultation with an attorney to whom you give full and accurate details. Anything you post here is not confidential and is not protected by the attorney-client relationship. It is highly recommended that you seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting.

It depends upon the terms of your probation. You should contact your attorney that assisted you with your case/probation. Request your attorney's assistance in requesting to have your probation moved from Bakersfield to Colorado. You will need the court's permission to have your probation moved. In the alternative, you can hire an experienced attorney to assist you in requesting permission from the court to have your probation transferred. A denial based upon the requirement of you marrying your girlfriend does not sound right. Hire an experienced attorney to assist you.

I agree with both attorneys the only person that can overrule your po is the judge. You need to address the court for permission.

My offices does represent people from Avvo if they contact me but only in the Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside County in Southern California. The answers I give here are not meant to create an attorney client relationship. When accepting clients I conduct interviews face to face and they often take 30 minutes or more. I approach trials and issues from a legal and common sense approach, This is how the majority of judges I have appeared before in 40 years also make decisions. I do not intend by my advice to enter an attorney client relationship and in most cases advise to obtain legal representation. Sometimes if you can not afford it a consultation or limited scope representation is available. As an experienced attorney I can tell you, judges can be impatient, hate emotional arguments and over exagerations or lies. A brief outline of the problems and desired solutions is often best and I d0 limited scope representations advise clients on how to proceed at time of hearing or trial and my fees are considerably less when I do not appear in court as it takes much less of my time.