How do I go about adjustment of status.I am already in the country on an F-1 visa? I have all my documents but need advice.

Asked about 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I received letter from NVC stating that i am eligible for further processing. My mom recently became a citizen.

1) Do i have to fill out DS-3032 form and send it in first, or should I inform them that I just want to adjust my status?
2) The i-485 form stated that I should include a copy of I-797C. I don't have such a form. I have I-797 from when my petition was first approved then sent to NVC until visa available. Should i send that instead along with the letter i have for further processing?
3) Is it possible to just send in all my documents at once inclusive of the DS-3032 form?
4) Can my sponsor provide photocopy of tax returns?

Thank you.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . What you need is a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney and soon.

2. Romaine Natalie Brown

1

Answered . Hello, have you filed a family based petition? You will need to file a family based petition prior to filing your adjustment of status. Please contact me if you need representation. Romaine Brown, Esq. 954-315-1160, romainebrown1@gmail.com, barristerbrown.com

3. Natalia Polukhtin

2

Answered . The major question is, did you indicate on your I130 that you will be adjusting in the US? It seem to me that you initially set your case for the consular processing in your native country. You need to fix this first before you can proceed.

4. Allan Scott Lolly

Pro

2

Answered . It's easy to make mistakes when working on your own. You've targeted your case for consulate processing and it needs to be fixed. I suggest working with an immigration attorney to help get things right.