How do I get wages owed from an employer I left?

Wilmington, DE |

I left a part-time position with real short notice to take a full time one. My former employers are saying they're not going to pay me for my last two weeks of work because I didn't give the amount of notice it said I needed to in my contract. I've looked at my contract, and it says nothing about pay being withheld in a situation like this. What rights do I have in a situation like this, and how can I collect what's owed to me?

.

The Delaware Department of Labor enforces a law requiring an employer to pay all earned wages by the next regularly scheduled payday. If your employer doesn't pay by that date, see the Department or consult a Delaware
employment attorney.

My answers to questions on Avvo do not constitute legal advice, but are offered as general information to help individuals decide whether they should consult an attorney.