How do i get visitation right for my daughter

Asked almost 2 years ago - Rocky Mount, NC

I am the father and I would like to get some rights for my daughter. I want to see my daughter whenever i want not when she want me to

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Scott E. Allen

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your solution, if you and the mom can't agree, is to file a claim for custody. If you live in Rocky Mount that would be a Nash County case you file at the courthouse in Nashville. You could do it yourself but I would not recommend that. Talk to a local family law attorney.

    Scott Allen is a divorce and family law attorney in Wake County, North Carolina with over eighteen years of... more
  2. Steven R. Stroud

    Contributor Level 2

    Answered . As the biological father, you certainly have rights to accomplish this. It is not very difficult, in most circumstances. We are local, Rocky Mount/Nash Co. custody and divorce attorneys. We handle cases just like yours almost every week. In fact, we just completed one yesterday for a father in a similar situation. We'll be glad to discuss this with you. Feel free to contact us!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,434 answers this week

3,225 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,434 answers this week

3,225 attorneys answering