How do i get visitation right for my daughter

Asked almost 2 years ago - Rocky Mount, NC

I am the father and I would like to get some rights for my daughter. I want to see my daughter whenever i want not when she want me to

1. Scott E. Allen

3

Answered . Your solution, if you and the mom can't agree, is to file a claim for custody. If you live in Rocky Mount that would be a Nash County case you file at the courthouse in Nashville. You could do it yourself but I would not recommend that. Talk to a local family law attorney.

2. Steven R. Stroud

Answered . As the biological father, you certainly have rights to accomplish this. It is not very difficult, in most circumstances. We are local, Rocky Mount/Nash Co. custody and divorce attorneys. We handle cases just like yours almost every week. In fact, we just completed one yesterday for a father in a similar situation. We'll be glad to discuss this with you. Feel free to contact us!