How do I get this felony off mt record.

Lexington, KY |

1996 I was charge with theft by unlawful taking gilty payed my fine did my 5 years probation how can I get it off my record. thank you.

Under current Kentucky law, felony theft is not eligible for expungement. However, House Bill 47, Rep. Owens' expungement bill, was recently passed in committee. Contact your House member now to express support for passage in the full House. And if you know a Kentucky Senator, start talking now about supporting HB 47 in the Senate.

Summary of House Bill 47:
Amend KRS 431.078 to allow a Class D felony record to be expunged under specified circumstances; create a new section of KRS Chapter 431 to require the Administrative Office of the Courts to keep a confidential index of expungement orders for the preparation of presentence investigations; amend KRS 527.040, relating to possession of a firearm by a felon, to exempt individuals who have had their felony records expunged.

Kristin M. Russell is an attorney licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Per Avvo guidelines, these answers are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. This response does not create an attorney/client relationship.

There is no Kentucky statute that allows expungement of felony convictions. We do have two expungement statutes that address misdemeanors and violations and dismissed felonies.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Currently, the only way to have a felony removed from your record in Kentucky is if you are granted a pardon by the governor.

Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and should not be considered as creating an attorney/client relationship. Michael Bouldin is an independent attorney located in Northern Kentucky. It is strongly recommended to not give any confidential information on any website.