Skip to main content

How do I get the money my ex husband was ordered to pay and it is In the divorce decree.

Meriden, CT |
Filed under: Divorce

He was ordered to pay me back for the car I cosigned for him. He went to jail and I was left with the bill. He now lives in Florida and I live in Connecticut.

Attorney Answers 2


You should consult with an attorney in Florida as to how they are able to collect monetary judgments from out of state divorces.

Providing answers to questions on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship. It is not possible to provide legal advice in the context of question and answers on the internet. The "answers" posted are solely for the purpose of providing general information about legal matters. Consult an attorney licensed to practice in your state or jurisdiction before taking any action. Be advised that what you post on AVVO is not confidential and in a civil law suit may be discoverable.

Mark as helpful


While I do not disagree with the other attorney here, you may seek out council in Connecticut if you can find an attorney adept at collection of judgments. This is a long and arduous process which likely includes domesticating the judgment in the proper state. Please feel free to contact us for more information

We can be reached at 203-870-6700. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Rosenberg and Press, LLC are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Rosenberg and Press helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics