How do I get the following job clearance from the govt?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

A job I am considering has the following requirement -------------------->
To conform to U.S. Government technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State <-------------------------
I currently work in the US on a commercial H1B visa. I expect to get permanent residence within 2 years.

Do I have to wait for 2 years before I am eligible or can I apply for a clearance earlier?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Marilynn Mika Spencer

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I've shared your question with Avvo's immigration law forum, where your question may be seen by more attorneys who practice in this area of the law. *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Am afraid you'll have to wait until you attain permanent residence, or depending on your nationality, even citizenship.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If permanent residence is required for the clearance, then you must have permanent residence to get the clearance.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics

Import/export business regulations

Businesses that engage in international trade are considered import/export businesses and are subject to certain regulations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,954 answers this week

2,904 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,954 answers this week

2,904 attorneys answering