How do I get the following job clearance from the govt?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

A job I am considering has the following requirement -------------------->
To conform to U.S. Government technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State <-------------------------
I currently work in the US on a commercial H1B visa. I expect to get permanent residence within 2 years.

Do I have to wait for 2 years before I am eligible or can I apply for a clearance earlier?

1. Marilynn Mika Spencer

5

Answered . I've shared your question with Avvo's immigration law forum, where your question may be seen by more attorneys who practice in this area of the law.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Am afraid you'll have to wait until you attain permanent residence, or depending on your nationality, even citizenship.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . If permanent residence is required for the clearance, then you must have permanent residence to get the clearance.