How do I get the Certificate of Rent Paid form from my landlord?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Saint Paul, MN

It's now March and I've yet to receive my CPR from the landlord. I've asked for it but I'm getting the impression the landlord doesn't know what it is. How can I get this so I can file for my renters refund?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. John Paul Chitwood

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Under the law, a landlord is required to issue a CRP by 1/31. If you did not get one- and cannot get one- you should contact the Minn. Department of Revenue and ask them about filing a Rent Paid Affidavit. You'll probably need receipts or cancelled checks to support your claim.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,354 answers this week

3,338 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,354 answers this week

3,338 attorneys answering