Skip to main content

How do i get temporary custody of my grandchild in michigan

Detroit, MI |

My daughter just needs to get her self together and she has no help from the father

Attorney Answers 1


Your daughter can give you a 'power of attorney for minor children' so you have the legal ability to manage your grandchild's medical, school and other needs. For a TEMPORARY situation, this is usually the best way to proceed, however, the father may have issues with this so I'd advise meeting with a local family law attorney to determine the best way to proceed. Good luck!

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Child custody topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics