How do I get sole custody of my child?

Cheyenne, WY |

My son is 8 months old and I am the only parents listed on his birth certificate. The father has been absent since I was 8 months pregnant and he has no contact with me or my child. He has been talking about wanting to get full custody of him, but I know he would have to jump through alot of hoops to do that, such as proving paternity and filing for custody. I want to know how I can prevent this from happening. I was told I could post a legal notice in the newspaper that would give me full custody and I wouldn't have to worry about fathers' rights? I don't want the father having any type of visitation or anything.

1. You should consult with a local family law attorney.

I am licensed in Wyoming only. The legal analysis of any situation depends on a variety of factors which cannot be properly represented or accounted for on a web page. The information is intended as general information only, and is not intended to serve as legal advice or as a substitute for legal counsel. If you have a question about a specific factual situation, you should contact an attorney directly.