How do I get sole custody of my child?

Asked about 2 years ago - Cheyenne, WY

My son is 8 months old and I am the only parents listed on his birth certificate. The father has been absent since I was 8 months pregnant and he has no contact with me or my child. He has been talking about wanting to get full custody of him, but I know he would have to jump through alot of hoops to do that, such as proving paternity and filing for custody. I want to know how I can prevent this from happening. I was told I could post a legal notice in the newspaper that would give me full custody and I wouldn't have to worry about fathers' rights? I don't want the father having any type of visitation or anything.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Tassma Ann Powers


    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . You should consult with a local family law attorney.

    I am licensed in Wyoming only. The legal analysis of any situation depends on a variety of factors which cannot... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,807 answers this week

3,217 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,807 answers this week

3,217 attorneys answering