Skip to main content

How do I get sexual assault off my record. Ive already done ten years in prison and 6months probation.

Midland, TX |

Had consensual sex with my girl friend she was 14 and I was 18 her parents pressed charges when we broke up. I was convicted and now on the sex registry for sexual assault. Do I have any shot of getting this off my record? Im neely married and want to move on witg my life.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. This is an unfortunate situation. You are going to be stuck with the conviction unless you get a pardon or have the case overturned on a writ of habeas corpus. Both of which are long shots. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

  2. This is an unfortunate circumstance but at this point you cannot ever get this removed from our record.
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    Sexual Assault Lawyer

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics