How do I get sexual assault off my record. Ive already done ten years in prison and 6months probation.

Midland, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

Had consensual sex with my girl friend she was 14 and I was 18 her parents pressed charges when we broke up. I was convicted and now on the sex registry for sexual assault. Do I have any shot of getting this off my record? Im neely married and want to move on witg my life.

This is an unfortunate situation. You are going to be stuck with the conviction unless you get a pardon or have the case overturned on a writ of habeas corpus. Both of which are long shots. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

If I may ask how would I go about the steps of getting pardoned? I willing to try anything rather than being doomed for the rest of my life

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Go to the website for Texas Board of Pardons and Parole. I believe they have all the forms and can walk you through the process.

Thank you for all your help

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Happy to be of a little help. Best of luck!

This is an unfortunate circumstance but at this point you cannot ever get this removed from our record.
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
512-495-1813
Austin Probation Lawyer
Sexual Assault Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

Unfortunately you are stuck with this. Sorry.