How do I get Section 8 to pay my Landlord the back payment for my rent they owe for a 1 and 2 months?

Asked over 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

I had a Landlady that didn't do any repairs to the property, she stored her mothers things in the basement and she was responsible for the water bill that kept getting cut off and the house went into foreclosure I complained to section 8 for 2 1/2 years and nothing so I got my moving papers and moved legally through the section 8 program and during the move the unit was broken into twice. I got police reports I got a copy and gave the original to the Landlady along with her keys. It was 3 days later when the landlady decided to got back in the unit and someone had broken back in and trashed the place. all my things were gone she took pictures of her mothers things and said I had left these things in her unit and I was terminated I won my case and was reinstated they won't back date my pay?

Additional information

They won't back pay my landlord for the 1 1/2 back pay they should pay him since I was wrongly terminated from the program.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Tara Leigh Goodwin

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I recommend contacting the Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago about this issue. They are the experts in this area on subsidized housing.

    The above response is not intended to create, nor does it create either an attorney-client relationship or an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,400 answers this week

3,182 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,400 answers this week

3,182 attorneys answering