How do I get out of this parking ticket

Columbus, OH |

I got a parking ticket for parking in downtown columbus. I parked at around 8:40 am. I put coins in the meter for 2hr. When I returned I saw parking ticket for $50 that said no stopping until 9am. Near the parking spot, it did not say anything about no parking time limits, however it did say about no stopping. I always thought that no stopping means you can stop the car and blinkers etc. I did not know it is the same thing as no parking. I have seen meters that say no parking time limits, but this meter didnt have any no parking signs. I want to get out of this ticket or at least get reduction in the amount.

Well, you really don't have a defense

You admit to parking early by 20 minutes

Now, if you have another story hire defense counsel and develop a defense

The only hope would be to hire an attorney. This would however cost you more than the ticket.

Attorney Chris Beck
Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
1370 North Fairfield Road
Suite C
Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
(937)426-4000 phone (24/7)

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

You can request a hearing to contest the ticket. Keep in mind this may result in additional costs if you are found to be in violation.

Answers to questions are not legal advice. They are for general educational purposes and in no way establish an attorney-client relationship.

No stopping means no STOPPING. Parking, IS stopping, but kind of amplified. It is kind of like a sign reading "do not WALK on grass", but instead of "walking" on it you RAN across it, and then tried to argue, I wasn't walking on the grass. I think you loose this case. As counsel indicated, feel free to fight it, or hire an attorney to fight it, but is it really worth your time and money ?? I wish you luck regardless of the path you choose. In my opinion, you have no valid defense. Good luck.

The above information is not, nor intend to be, legal advice. You SHOULD consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Based on this response no attorney-client relationship has been formed. If your matter is in Cuyahoga County or surrounding counties, we invite you to contact us. Please visit our website at Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time and attorney-client relationship is formed. Attorneys in this firm are only licensed to practice in the state of Ohio and have no specific information as to the laws and rules of other states and none of the information provided is intended to be applied to the laws of other states.