How do I get out of this parking ticket

Asked 11 months ago - Columbus, OH

I got a parking ticket for parking in downtown columbus. I parked at around 8:40 am. I put coins in the meter for 2hr. When I returned I saw parking ticket for $50 that said no stopping until 9am. Near the parking spot, it did not say anything about no parking time limits, however it did say about no stopping. I always thought that no stopping means you can stop the car and blinkers etc. I did not know it is the same thing as no parking. I have seen meters that say no parking time limits, but this meter didnt have any no parking signs. I want to get out of this ticket or at least get reduction in the amount.

1. Christopher Lee Beck

Pro

Answered . The only hope would be to hire an attorney. This would however cost you more than the ticket.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    1370 North Fairfield Road
    Suite C
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
    (937)426-4000 phone (24/7)
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

2. Colin R. Maher

Answered . You can request a hearing to contest the ticket. Keep in mind this may result in additional costs if you are found to be in violation.

3. Peter Stephen Kirner

Answered . No stopping means no STOPPING. Parking, IS stopping, but kind of amplified. It is kind of like a sign reading "do not WALK on grass", but instead of "walking" on it you RAN across it, and then tried to argue, I wasn't walking on the grass. I think you loose this case. As counsel indicated, feel free to fight it, or hire an attorney to fight it, but is it really worth your time and money ?? I wish you luck regardless of the path you choose. In my opinion, you have no valid defense. Good luck.

4. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . Well, you really don't have a defense

You admit to parking early by 20 minutes

Now, if you have another story hire defense counsel and develop a defense