Skip to main content

How do I get out of false accusations of domestic assault against me? I live in canada, hamilton, ontario

New York, NY |

- 8 month old son involved
- the father of our son got me arrested, on false charges
- been going to womens shelters since I was pregnant
- he is extremely emotionally/ physically abusive
- I was hospitalized and given a wrong diagnosis 3 weeks after giving birth, because I didn't understand what he was doing to me and took blame for it
- I do not no how to prove he is an extreme narcassist, and very emotionally/ physically abusive to me
- The prosecutor was going to do a peacebond but now wants to see more about my medical records
- I was already refused further help from outpatient services becuause I did not apply to the program for the diagnosis

Attorney Answers 3


I don't know anything about practicing law in Canada, but if it's anything like NY, you either plea it out or go to a trial. Speak with an attorney in your area for assistance.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


If the charges are in Canada you should post this question there. If the charges are in NY you can either negotiate a deal or go to trial. Speak with a local attorney in any case.

I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated. You can also choose a "best answer" if you wish. This is easy to do and greatly appreciated.

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You would need to specify whether (a) your case is pending in New York or Canada, and (b) whether your case is pending in criminal court or Family Court. Providing this additional information will be essential in hooking you up with the right lawyer to answer your questions.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics