Skip to main content

How do I get my warranty deed

Denton, TX |

if I have a quit claim deed with warranty deed attached and the property I have the quit claim deed on is paid off 100% how can I get the warranty deed in my name

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Warranty deeds come from record owners (Grantor(s)) and convey an interest in the subject property to whoever is receiving the property by (Grantee(s)). So... you get a warranty deed in your name when record title owners (as grantors) wish to transfer ownership to you through a warranty deed in which you are the grantee. If the record owners are attempting to transfer ownership of the property to you by quitclaim deed, you need to make them go back and do it properly (maybe by getting an attorney like Ms. Smith to draw up the documents for you), because otherwise there is going to be bunch of confusion regarding title to the property until it gets cleared up.

The above comments are made by an attorney at The Rieck Law Firm (RLF). RLF offers free initial consultation to potential clients and more information about this firm can be found at PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU COMMENT, EMAIL ME OR PHONE ME. Materials contained within this website and submitted by this user (including the above comments) provide information on general legal issues and are not intended to provide advice on any specific legal matter. This information is not intended to create, and receipt of it does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Answering a question does not make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls, and you should not expect me to respond to your further questions if you haven't hired me. We need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. This answer doesn't constitute legal advice, and shouldn't be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. Internet and online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.


Unless you bought the property under a contract for deed arranagement, the deed you received at closing is the only deed you will receive. Suggest you accept offer of attorney who agree to review the documents.


Check your paperwork and see if it is a contract for deed. If so, you will need to call the seller and get either a special warranty deed or general warranty deed, pending on the situation. If it is actually a quit claim deed, there are ways to correct it if the sellers are still available to sign it.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer