How do I get my warrants lifted in tampa florida?

Tampa, FL |

I am on probation from a broward county and I live in tampa . I got a warrant which is 3 days old from not calling for a court date which was misunderstood from the amount of days on the citation.

I'm not sure I understand your question. You do t get a warrant issued for you for not requesting a court date you get one for not appearing for a court date that was set.
You'll need help getting the warrant withdrawn and your date reset. I' recommend you call Atty David Dohner.

David R. Damore, Esq., Damore, Delgado, Romanik & Rawlins, Daytona Beach, FL, (386) 255-1400. Mr. Damore is a former Volusia and Broward County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

If a warrant was issued for a criminal traffic offense (DUI, DWLS, etc.), any attorney can file a notice of appearance and the appropriate motion to get a court date and hopefully have the warrant withdrawn. The quicker you address the warrant, the better your chance will be to have it withdrawn.

Your main problem is going to come from Broward. Once your PO finds out about your new offense, you will most likely have a VOP Warrant issued, for which you are not entitled to a bond.

Feel free to call me for a free consultation at (813) 282-8600. Best of luck.

Sounds like you got a warrant for failing to set a court date within 10 days of receiving the citation - this is fairly common. I handle many of these warrants each week - we can normally get them removed in one day depending on why you failed to set up the court date. Please feel free to call my office at the number below to discuss this matter. answers provided solely for informational purposes. Answers are not legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. If you are seeking legal advice, contact a competent attorney in your local jurisdiction. Learn more about my practice at

David P. Gilbert

David P. Gilbert

*each month (consult with several each week). No other county in Tampa Bay requires the defendant to set their own court date - these warrants are way too common in Hillsborough.