How do I get my warrants lifted in tampa florida?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

I am on probation from a broward county and I live in tampa . I got a warrant which is 3 days old from not calling for a court date which was misunderstood from the amount of days on the citation.

1. David P. Gilbert

Pro

4

Answered . Sounds like you got a warrant for failing to set a court date within 10 days of receiving the citation - this is fairly common. I handle many of these warrants each week - we can normally get them removed in one day depending on why you failed to set up the court date. Please feel free to call my office at the number below to discuss this matter.

2. Brett Nicholls Metcalf

3

Answered . If a warrant was issued for a criminal traffic offense (DUI, DWLS, etc.), any attorney can file a notice of appearance and the appropriate motion to get a court date and hopefully have the warrant withdrawn. The quicker you address the warrant, the better your chance will be to have it withdrawn.

Your main problem is going to come from Broward. Once your PO finds out about your new offense, you will most likely have a VOP Warrant issued, for which you are not entitled to a bond.

Feel free to call me for a free consultation at (813) 282-8600. Best of luck.

3. David Richard Damore

Pro

2

Answered . I'm not sure I understand your question. You do t get a warrant issued for you for not requesting a court date you get one for not appearing for a court date that was set.
    You'll need help getting the warrant withdrawn and your date reset. I' recommend you call Atty David Dohner.