How do I get my stolen motorcycle back from the police.

Concord, NH |

A friend that was living with me stole my bike in the middle of the night and robbed a store at gun point. He escaped and left my bike in a field for the police to find. How do I get the bike back? The cop said when he gets caught and goes to court his lawyer will have to request the release of the bike. So if they never find him I can't get my bike back? And why does the criminal have more say over my property than I do?

1. Try contacting the local prosecutor and saying that you are victim and want to be heard at the court date. Most city and town websites have the name of the local prosecutor, and the NH Judicial Branch site may also be helpful.

This is an advertisement for legal services. No commentary on this website is intended to be legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created by using this site. Readers are encouraged to call Attorney Buck for a consultation or seek a referral to an attorney by contacting the NH Bar Association at www.nhbar.org. Attorney Buck is online at www.CBuckLegal.com.