How do i get my rights back to an administrative board if i previously waived them. this is concerning military law mostly....

Jacksonville, FL |
Filed under: Military law

i am asking because i waived my right to administative discharge board and i would like to know how to get it back to apply for an administrative discharge board.

You have to put in a request. It is up to the discretion of the command whether or not they will let you revoke your waiver. Get with military defense counsel ASAP. Somewhere in your notication letter it says that.

If you are entitled to an Board (for the Army, 6 years of service or if Command is seeking an OTH discharge), have your appointed Trial Defense Counsel or retained attorney contact the Separation Authority and ask for a Board. Often when a service member is presented with Separation notification it is in a stressful environment such as a Commander's office, and many times the service member hastily completes the endorsement and hands it back to Command. Your counsel should point this out if this is the case and explain that the possible prejudice to you (the termination of your military career without a chance to speak and present evidence) would outweigh the Government's inconvenience of assembling a Board.

Military law topics