HOW DO I GET MY RECORD EXPUNGED, IN COBB COUNTY, GEORGIA?

Atlanta, GA |

3 MISDEMEANOR CHARGES, ALL DISPOSITIONED AS NOLLE PROSSED - DISMISSED! I'M REQUESTING INFORMATION ON EXPUNGEMENT; IS IT A POSSIBILITY AND THE HOW- TO-STEPS OF THE PROCESS?

This link will help you. Good luck! http://www.gjp.org/programs/legal-assistance/criminal-records/faqs-expungements/

Your arrest may or may not be eligible to be expunged depending on the reason for the Nolle Prosse.
You should either consult with and hire a lawyer to assist you; or if you want to do it yourself, then you need to get an expungement form, fill it out, and properly file it with the arresting agency with the appropriate fee. You can get the form from the GBI or most law enforcement agencies.

I agree with the previous posts here. Just want to add that effective July 1, 2013 the word "expungement" has been replaced with "restriction." Also, there are new laws that also effect what is eligible for restriction. An attorney trained in the area of criminal law can help you navigate through these new changes.

The information contained on this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this site, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the state of Georgia. Carl S. Cansino www.cpslawoffice.com

It depends on the reason for the dismissal. Read more below.

↓ Mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it. For more information, contact us at www.SteakleyLawFirm.com or (404) 835-7595. The initial consultation is always free for Avvo users.