HOW DO I GET MY RECORD EXPUNGED, IN COBB COUNTY, GEORGIA?

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

3 MISDEMEANOR CHARGES, ALL DISPOSITIONED AS NOLLE PROSSED - DISMISSED! I'M REQUESTING INFORMATION ON EXPUNGEMENT; IS IT A POSSIBILITY AND THE HOW- TO-STEPS OF THE PROCESS?

1. Harry Martina Daniels Jr.

4

Best Answer

Answered . This link will help you. Good luck! http://www.gjp.org/programs/legal-assistance/cr...

2. Noah Howard Pines

Pro

4

1

Answered . Your arrest may or may not be eligible to be expunged depending on the reason for the Nolle Prosse.
    You should either consult with and hire a lawyer to assist you; or if you want to do it yourself, then you need to get an expungement form, fill it out, and properly file it with the arresting agency with the appropriate fee. You can get the form from the GBI or most law enforcement agencies.

3. Carl Santos Cansino

4

1

Answered . I agree with the previous posts here. Just want to add that effective July 1, 2013 the word "expungement" has been replaced with "restriction." Also, there are new laws that also effect what is eligible for restriction. An attorney trained in the area of criminal law can help you navigate through these new changes.

4. John Arnold Steakley

4

Answered . It depends on the reason for the dismissal. Read more below.