How do i get my petition for removal of disabilities as a minor verified by someone other than my guardians?

Katy, TX |

I am a seventeen year old female in Texas and am on my way to being able to support myself financially. The removal of my disabilities as a minor would be in my best interest because while living with my family I am verbally and mentally abused often, this environment affects me physically,emotionally and academically through stress. I am a dedicated student and a hard worker, but the everyday everyday treatment i get from my parents takes its toll on my body and mind. When I fill out my petition how can i get it verified by a lawyer, my guardians would never agree with this.

1. It sounds like you may have researched how to properly remove your disabilities. Family Code requires Verification of the petition by one of the following: (1) One of your parents, (2) Managing Conservator or Guardian, if any, or (3) Court-appointed attorney ad litem or amicus attorney.

The court must appoint you an attorney for the hearing. They can verify petition.

BEST ANSWER I got....and I hope I was HELPFUL! My answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. Contact Steve Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.