How do I get my name off the mortgage loan and title, whom I own with another person.

Cleveland, OH |

I currently do not live at this address and I just want my name off the mortgage and title. What does the other person need to do.

1. In California it is easy to "get your name off title", but difficult to remove yourself from the note. Taking your name off title is simply a matter of signing a quit claim deed, transferring your interest in the property to whomever you wish (I assume you own the property jointly with someone else). However, to take your name off the note - the mortgage - your co-owner will most likely need to refinance. Lenders are not interested in taking co-borrowers off notes; there is no incentive for them to do so, and it make their loan less secure. Check with an Ohio lawyer to be sure the laws are the same in your state, but they most likely are.