How do I get my minor off of my record?

Asked over 1 year ago - Minneapolis, MN

Last Friday night myself and 4 other people (all 18) were leaving an underage party. The sober driver had absolutely nothing to drink. A cop pulled us over at 3:00 am stating that the driver was speeding. Apparently the speed limit went from 50 to 30 and the driver was going 39 when it changed speeds. The cop asked the driver to step out. The 4 of us waited as 2 more squads pulled up. W/o any reasoning, such as smelling alcohol or seeing any alcohol or the passengers acting strange or not wearing seat belts, the officers asked the 4 of us to step out and take breathalyzers. We obviously blew numbers because we had a few drinks, but were not drunk. The officers gave the 4 of us minors & told the driver to drive us home w/o even breathalyzing him. How do we get the minors off of our records?

1. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

4

Answered . Contact an experienced attorney for assistance. If you want to find one in your area here on AVVO just select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

2. Thomas C Gallagher

3

Answered . If a charge turns into a guilty plea or conviction it will be nearly impossible to get it off your record. So, the way to limit damage to your public record is to avoid pleading guilty, and avoid a conviction. A lawyer can help you accomplish that. See links below for more.

3. Tricia Dwyer

2

Answered . Hello. First, you should not post any details whatsoever of your issues on a public website and you would be wise to remove your post if possible. What you ought to do in seeking your stated goal is have an attorney represent you. This website provides general information and general principles of law and does not provide private legal advice. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.
    Phone: 612-296-9666

4. Andrew M. Leone

2

Answered . The best way to get then off of your records is to keep it off in the first place. If you request to fight the citation, then there are ways to keep a conviction of your record. I have had success keeping these convictions of my clients records.

I wish you all the best of luck.

Andrew Leone
    612-356-2529
    leonelegal@gmail.com

5. Maury Devereau Beaulier

1

Answered . You must retain experienced legal counsel. It would seem that here may be strong challenges to the offense given the facts presented. Even with lesser facts, a conviction may be avoided in most cases by seeking a Stay of Prosecution.

Maury D. Beaulier
    612-240-8005.