How do I get my ministry name legal?

Asked about 4 years ago - Smithfield, PA

My husband and I want to start a ministry of our own and want to title our ministry

1. James S. Tupitza

Answered . You register it as a fictituous name. This lets you use the name but you are not protected from other who want to use it. On the other hand you can create an entity such as a corp or an LLC and the name is protected.

DISCLAIMER The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.
    James S. Tupitza
    212 West Gay Street
    West Chester, PA 19380