How do i get my liscense plate back and how much will it be?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

ok, i was in a car accident Dec 31 ,2010 and it was not my fault .i was knocked uncon and both airbags deployed.... while i was at the hospital .one for driving without insurance and the other is suspended license without knowledge.later to find out my license plate was detained by the officer.when i found out more details on the sitations i got car insurence .... how n whn can i get my license plate and the amount???

1. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . I suggest that you contact your state DMV office and explain the situation to them and ask them what their current fee is for such a thing.

Legal Disclaimer :

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

2. David Irving Shiner

Pro

Answered . I would contact the DMV and possibly the police department that issued the citation. It should be a relatively simple thing to clear up. However, it appears, from the information you provided, that this was a serious accident -- that unfortunately caused serious injuries. That said, you may be better off in contacting a licensed Florida Attorney to assist you in not only clearing up the license plate issue but also the claims against the driver/car that caused the accident. You are free to contact my office and please feel free to ask to speak with either myself or one of the other attorneys in my office to discuss your matter. We represent individuals throughout Florida. Please feel free to call or visit my web-site at www.ShinerLawGroup.com Good Luck