How do I get my liscense back?

Asked about 2 months ago - Crete, IL

I was in a car accident three years ago driving a uninsured vehicle that was not mine. I've been looking for answers and keep getting the run around. Will someone please help me figure out how to get it back?

1. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

7

Answered . If you were at fault, you need to pay any outstanding judgment or enter into a repayment agreement BEFORE you can get your license reinstated. If you had auto insurance (irrespective of what car was insured), you were covered. Many more facts are needed to fully answer your question.

2. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

5

Answered . You need to enter into an installment agreement to pay what you owe for damages. Call the Secretary of State to begin the process.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

3

Answered . You'll need s lawyer.

To have your suspended Illinois driver’s license reinstated, you'll have to participate in an informal or formal hearing with a Secretary of State hearing officer.

Use a lawyer.

Pro

3

Answered . Here is the process. Go to the bottom of the page. http://www.dmv.org/il-illinois/suspended-licens...

5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

1

Answered . I suggest you call your State DMV and explain the circumstances to them. I'm sure they can give you the exact procedures, you need to follow to restore your license.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.