How do I get my license reinstated after dui conviction & the time period of revocation is up??

Minneapolis, MN |

My license was revoked for being 2x the legal limit & the time preriod for the revocation is up. What steps do I need to take to reinstate my DL??

Pay the reinstatement fee, notify the licensing agency that the expiration period is concluded and obtain a new driver license.

The best approach would be to call the "Minnesota Department of Public Safety - Driver Evaluation." They control that. They can tell you exactly what conditions they require be met. The most problematic for most people - other than the revocation period - is the reinstatement fee.

If you don't already have a limited license, then you will need to contact the DPS or go into a local DMV. If you have a limited license then you don't need to do anything as the DPS will mail out notification of your reinstatement because you have already satisfied all conditions for reinstatement.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI