How do I get my license back after 2 DWI's?

Bayville, NY |

My conviction date is 6/10/09. I completed the DDP when I had the first misdemeanor. I was told it is still valid for this offense. I was planning to submit my application to the DIAU with a letter from probation, a letter from the treatment program I attended and the MV44 plus $100. I was told I would be revoked for 1 year. Am I proceeding correctly and how long will it take to get my license back? I lost my license, my car and my job as a result. I need a license to work, I am a property manager who has been out of work for 15 months.

1. A revocation of a license for a DWI begins at the date of sentence or twenty days after sentenced if the court allowed a twenty-day stay so you could enter the DDP program.

Based on your post, as long as Proabtion does not continue their hold on your license, you were eligible for a full license in June of this year. I am somewhat suprise that the DDP program you previously took is still valid for the second misdemeanor charge.

There is a bit of a lag at DMV but you should expect the ability to have a license within a month. If your license has expired, you will need to start from the beginnning and obtain a permit.

DUI topics